Under the Directive on Consumer Rights (2011/83/EC), which replaced Directive 97/7/EC and the UK Distance Seller Regulations (DSR) on 13 June 2014, you may cancel the purchase of an item within 14 days from when the item is received.
Where the item is sent using a tracked service, the date used to calculate the 14 day withdrawal period will be the date on which the item was delivered according to the online tracking information.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform NRG IT Ltd of your decision to withdraw from this contract in writing (which can be via email) within the 14 day withdrawal period.
You are required to send the goods back to us within 14 days from when notice of the cancellation is given. You must bear the cost of returning the goods in all circumstances and we recommend using a tracked and insured courier service.
We will refund all payments received from you, including the initial cost of delivery if applicable (except where you have a requested a type of delivery other than our standard delivery type, such as pre-12pm or weekend deliveries).
The refund will be issued within 14 days from when you notified us of your decision to cancel, although we may withhold the refund until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of shipping, whichever is the earliest.
The refund will be carried out using the same method of payment used for the original transaction, unless you expressly agree otherwise, and you will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you may cancel the purchase of an item that is found to be faulty within 30 days from when the item is received.
Where the item is sent using a tracked service, the date used to calculate the 30 day withdrawal period will be the date on which the item was delivered according to the online tracking information.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform NRG IT Ltd of your decision to withdraw from this contract in writing (which can be via email) within the 30 day withdrawal period.
If the item includes an NRG IT warranty, we may offer you either a repair or replacement instead of a refund. If you choose to accept the offer of a repair or replacement, you will retain a final right to a refund if the repair/replacement did not resolve your original issue.
If returning faulty goods, NRG IT Ltd will refund reasonable return shipping charges upon safe receipt of the goods and confirmation of the fault.
The cost of return shipping that we consider “reasonable” will be dependent on the number and size of items being returned, as well as the type of shipping service and insurance applied. If you are unsure whether your chosen return shipping method is considered “reasonable”, or if you are unable to organise return shipping at any reasonable price, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Please note that we can only refund reasonable return shipping charges with a valid receipt showing the total amount paid. Please either include the receipt with your returned item or send us a scanned copy via email.
All refunds for faulty items under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 will be processed in the exact same way as a standard consumer return under the Directive on Consumer Rights.
The following terms are applicable to all warranties offered by NRG IT Ltd, regardless of type or length:
1. The warranty covers the original hardware only.
2. The warranty applies to any failures or malfunctions occurring during the warranty period under normal use conditions and of a material or workmanship defect.
3. The warranty applies to the original purchaser only and is non-transferrable, except with the express written permission of NRG IT Ltd.
4. All claims being made under a warranty supplied by NRG IT Ltd must be communicated in writing (email is fine).
5. All buyers must ensure that they have run all applicable tests on the hardware before contacting NRG IT Ltd. This includes, but is not restricted to:
6. The warranty does not apply in any of the following situations:
7. As per industry standard practice, any warranty provided by NRG IT Ltd on a monitor (or any device containing a built-in display screen) will cover six (6) or more faulty pixels. A faulty pixel can be any of the following:
8. The allowance for faulty pixels above does not include any faulty pixels indicated in the original listing.
The following terms apply specifically to any Return to Base (RTB) warranty offered by NRG IT Ltd, regardless of length:
1. The buyer is responsible for all return shipping charges.
2. The item must be returned in the same cosmetic and well packed condition as sold.
3. The return shipping label must state the RMA number as supplied by NRG IT Ltd. Items should not be returned without first contacting NRG IT Ltd in writing to request a RMA number.
4. NRG IT Ltd recommend that buyers use a tracked and insured service and all times to return items for repair, as any item lost or damaged in transit will not be actioned.
5. Once an item has been tested and confirmed to be faulty, a Repair, Replacement or Refund will be carried out (in that order).
6. The warranty includes free shipping of the repaired/replaced item to the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, the Isles of Scilly, the Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands). For all other locations, our standard shipping fees will apply. Please refer to the Delivery page for a full list of shipping charges.
7. If the buyer notices a fault with an item when it first arrives (including damage in transit) and notifies NRG IT Ltd within 14 days from the date of delivery, then NRG IT Ltd may choose at their discretion to treat the claim as if the item has an Advanced Exchange Warranty rather than Return to Base Warranty, and if so the warranty claim will be resolved using the Advanced Exchange Warranty terms below.
Note: this type of warranty was previously referred to as the NRG IT On Site Warranty. Any purchase made on or before 22nd November 2016 where the products were advertised with an On Site warranty will use the below terms. Please note that only the name of the warranty has been changed. The terms of the warranty and the way in which it operates are unchanged.
The following terms apply specifically to any Advanced Exchange (AE) warranty offered by NRG IT Ltd, regardless of length:
1. Advanced Exchange warranty terms only apply to customers in the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, the Isles of Scilly, the Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands).
2. If an item listed with an Advanced Exchange warranty is purchased by a buyer outside of the United Kingdom, the warranty will automatically convert to a Return to Base warranty of the same length and will use the Return to Base Warranty Terms as shown above.
3. For any claim made under an Advanced Exchange warranty (and where NRG IT Ltd are unable to resolve the problem with technical advice over the phone), a replacement item will be dispatched via courier.
4. The courier will collect the faulty item at the same time as the replacement is delivered. The buyer is responsible for ensuring that the faulty item is securely packaged ready for collection.
5. The Advanced Exchange includes all replacement/repair costs and associated shipping costs.
6. If NRG IT Ltd are unable to offer an exchange for the same model (for example, if the model has been discontinued), then one of the following options will be applied, in the following order:
7. The buyer is responsible for notifying NRG IT Ltd of any address changes for the lifetime of the warranty.
The following terms apply specifically to any Collect and Return (CR) warranty offered by NRG IT Ltd, regardless of length:
1. Collect and Return warranty terms only apply to customers in the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, the Isles of Scilly, the Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands).
2. If an item listed with a Collect and Return warranty is purchased by a buyer outside of the United Kingdom, the warranty will automatically convert to a Return to Base warranty of the same length and will use the Return to Base Warranty Terms as shown above.
3. For any claim made under a Collect and Return warranty (and where NRG IT Ltd are unable to resolve the problem with technical advice over the phone) a collection will be booked for the next convenient date (as agreed between NRG IT Ltd and the buyer) to bring the item back to NRG IT Ltd for diagnosis and repair.
4. The buyer is responsible for ensuring that the item is securely packaged and safe from damage in transit. Where possible NRG IT Ltd recommend that buyers retain the original packaging for the item (external and internal) in case a warranty claim is required. If the original packaging is not kept, the buyer is responsible for sourcing alternative packaging that provides an appropriate amount of protection for the item. NRG IT Ltd reserves the right to request confirmation of the packaging, including pictures, prior to booking the collection.
5. If the item being returned under the warranty is a computer (whether that is a desktop, laptop, All in One PC or gaming console), or otherwise has its own internal storage, the buyer is responsible for ensuring that any and all data on their system is securely backed up prior to collection (either on an external device or using online storage). NRG IT Ltd will make every effort to keep a buyer’s data safe and secure, but depending on the nature of the issue this is not guaranteed, and NRG IT Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss of data.
6. Once the item has arrived back at the NRG IT Ltd warehouse, the item will be scheduled for diagnosis and testing by the NRG IT Ltd engineers, and a repair will be carried out as soon as possible after the cause and nature of the issue has been fully diagnosed.
7. NRG IT Ltd will make every effort to complete all repairs under the Collect and Return warranty within five working days of the item arriving back at the NRG IT Ltd warehouse. However, this estimate is not guaranteed, as the exact repair time will be dependent on the nature of the issue.
8. The Collect and Return warranty includes all repair costs and associated shipping costs, including the cost of acquiring any additional or replacement parts that may be required.
9. In addition to the exclusions set out in the General Warranty terms above, the Collect and Return warranty does not cover any faults or issues caused by the Operating System or other software (whether installed by NRG IT Ltd or by the buyer).
10. If, after completing their diagnosis, the NRG IT Ltd engineers determine that the item is not faulty, or that the fault is not eligible for repair under warranty, the buyer will be required to pay all applicable shipping costs for the return of the item, in addition to the cost of the collection to bring the item back to the NRG IT Ltd warehouse.
11. If, after completing their diagnosis, the NRG IT Ltd engineers determine that a repair is not possible, NRG IT Ltd will offer the buyer an exchange for a comparable item of the same or similar specification.
12. Where neither a repair nor a replacement is possible, NRG IT Ltd will instead offer the buyer a refund of their original purchase price. Please note that this would be a discretionary refund not covered by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013, and so NRG IT Ltd reserve the right to make reasonable deductions from this refund based on the length of time the item has been in use.
13. The buyer is responsible for notifying NRG IT Ltd of any address changes for the lifetime of the warranty.