Under the Directive on Consumer Rights (2011/83/EC), which replaced Directive 97/7/EC and the UK Distance Seller Regulations (DSR) on 13 June 2014, you may cancel the purchase of an item within 14 days from when the item is received.
Where the item is sent using a tracked service, the date used to calculate the 14 day withdrawal period will be the date on which the item was delivered according to the online tracking information.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform NRG IT Ltd of your decision to withdraw from this contract in writing (which can be via email) within the 14 day withdrawal period.
You are required to send the goods back to us within 14 days from when notice of the cancellation is given. You must bear the cost of returning the goods in all circumstances and we recommend using a tracked and insured courier service.
We will refund all payments received from you, including the initial cost of delivery if applicable (except where you have a requested a type of delivery other than our standard delivery type, such as pre-12pm or weekend deliveries).
The refund will be issued within 14 days from when you notified us of your decision to cancel, although we may withhold the refund until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of shipping, whichever is the earliest.
The refund will be carried out using the same method of payment used for the original transaction, unless you expressly agree otherwise, and you will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you may cancel the purchase of an item that is found to be faulty within 30 days from when the item is received.
Where the item is sent using a tracked service, the date used to calculate the 30 day withdrawal period will be the date on which the item was delivered according to the online tracking information.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform NRG IT Ltd of your decision to withdraw from this contract in writing (which can be via email) within the 30 day withdrawal period.
If the item includes an NRG IT warranty, we may offer you either a repair or replacement instead of a refund. If you choose to accept the offer of a repair or replacement, you will retain a final right to a refund if the repair/replacement did not resolve your original issue.
If returning faulty goods, NRG IT Ltd will refund reasonable return shipping charges upon safe receipt of the goods and confirmation of the fault.
The cost of return shipping that we consider “reasonable” will be dependent on the number and size of items being returned, as well as the type of shipping service and insurance applied. If you are unsure whether your chosen return shipping method is considered “reasonable”, or if you are unable to organise return shipping at any reasonable price, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Please note that we can only refund reasonable return shipping charges with a valid receipt showing the total amount paid. Please either include the receipt with your returned item or send us a scanned copy via email.
All refunds for faulty items under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 will be processed in the exact same way as a standard consumer return under the Directive on Consumer Rights.
The following terms are applicable to all warranties offered by NRG IT Ltd, regardless of type or length:
1. The warranty covers the original hardware only.
2. The warranty applies to any failures or malfunctions occurring during the warranty period under normal use conditions and of a material or workmanship defect.
3. The warranty applies to the original purchaser only and is non-transferrable, except with the express written permission of NRG IT Ltd.
4. All claims being made under a warranty supplied by NRG IT Ltd must be communicated in writing (email is fine).
5. All buyers must ensure that they have run all applicable tests on the hardware before contacting NRG IT Ltd. This includes, but is not restricted to:
6. The warranty does not apply in any of the following situations:
7. As per industry standard practice, any warranty provided by NRG IT Ltd on a monitor (or any device containing a built-in display screen) will cover six (6) or more faulty pixels. A faulty pixel can be any of the following:
8. The allowance for faulty pixels above does not include any faulty pixels indicated in the original listing.
The following terms apply specifically to any Return to Base (RTB) warranty offered by NRG IT Ltd, regardless of length:
1. The buyer is responsible for all return shipping charges.
2. The item must be returned in the same cosmetic and well packed condition as sold.
3. The return shipping label must state the RMA number as supplied by NRG IT Ltd. Items should not be returned without first contacting NRG IT Ltd in writing to request a RMA number.
4. NRG IT Ltd recommend that buyers use a tracked and insured service and all times to return items for repair, as any item lost or damaged in transit will not be actioned.
5. Once an item has been tested and confirmed to be faulty, a Repair, Replacement or Refund will be carried out (in that order).
6. The warranty includes free shipping of the repaired/replaced item to the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, the Isles of Scilly, the Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands). For all other locations, our standard shipping fees will apply. Please refer to the Delivery page for a full list of shipping charges.
Note: this type of warranty was previously referred to as the NRG IT On Site Warranty. Any purchase made on or before 22nd November 2016 where the products were advertised with an On Site warranty will use the below terms. Please note that only the name of the warranty has been changed. The terms of the warranty and the way in which it operates are unchanged.
The following terms apply specifically to any Advanced Exchange (AE) warranty offered by NRG IT Ltd, regardless of length:
1. Advanced Exchange warranty terms only apply to customers in the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, the Isles of Scilly, the Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands).
2. If an item listed with an Advanced Exchange warranty is purchased by a buyer outside of the United Kingdom, the warranty will automatically convert to a Return to Base warranty of the same length and will use the Return to Base Warranty Terms as shown above.
3. For any claim made under an Advanced Exchange warranty (and where NRG IT Ltd are unable to resolve the problem with technical advice over the phone), a replacement item will be dispatched via courier.
4. The courier will collect the faulty item at the same time as the replacement is delivered. The buyer is responsible for ensuring that the faulty item is securely packaged ready for collection.
5. The Advanced Exchange includes all replacement/repair costs and associated shipping costs.
6. If NRG IT Ltd are unable to offer an exchange for the same model (for example, if the model has been discontinued), then one of the following options will be applied, in the following order:
7. The buyer is responsible for notifying NRG IT Ltd of any address changes for the lifetime of the warranty.