ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 O8G Overclocked Gaming Graphics Cardby ASUS
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 O8G Overclocked Gaming Graphics Card
This is the all-powerful ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 O8G graphics card, one of the most powerful cards currently available for the high end gaming community.
Now part of the Republic of Gamers brand ASUS have toned down the design to a slightly more subtle grey and black offering, housing some well-placed RGB LED accents around the angular shroud. On the back plate you will find a laser cut ROG logo with LED backlighting.
The ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Gaming Graphics Card Includes Unique Features
One of the real innovations with the ASUS ROG 1080 is the two four pin fan headers that now allow system fans to respond to the card’s temperature fluctuations. The fan headers can control both four-pin (PWM) and three- pin (DC) fans, and for simplicity the headers are plug & play detecting what fan type is being used automatically.
GTX 1080 Graphics Cards are VR Ready
This version of the GTX 1080 graphics cards has had one of its three standard DisplayPorts swapped for an additional HDMI 2.0 out. This arrangement of DisplayPorts and HDMI ports means that both Vive and Rift users can plug their headsets alongside another HDMI monitor or TV without needing an adapter.
DirectCU III Technology with Direct-GPU Contact Heatpipes
The exclusive DirectCU III cooling technology features direct-GPU contact heatpipes that transports more heat away from the graphics card achieving 30% cooler operating temperatures.
Patented Triple Wing-Blade 0dB fans
DirectCU III features three 0dB fans using the patented wing-blade design delivering maximum air flow and improved 105% static pressure over the heatsink. This allows the fans to operate three times quieter than reference cards. They do not operate in complete silence but they are noticeably quieter than others in this category.
GTX 1080 O8G GPUs Feature Multiple Clock Profiles
This ROG Strix GTX 1080 comes with multiple clock profiles as you would expect from a high end graphics card. Thy can be enabled using the companion software CPU Tweak II. Although ASUS ships the card as standard in gaming mode letting it run at 1759MHz base speed and a 1898 MHz boost speed.
GTX 1080 O8G In Summary
The ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 08C graphics card lives up to the expectations, delivering fantastic performance to rival the competition and a strong level of reliability.
If you would like to read an independent review of the ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 O8G graphics card then please click here.
Order your ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 today with NRG IT
- Graphics Engine: NVIDIA GTX 1080 ROG STRIX OC
- Bus Standard: PCI Express 3.0
- Video Memory Type: GDDR5X
- Video Memory Capacity: 8192 MB
- Memory Clock Speed: 10 Gbps
- Memory Interface/bus: 256-bit
- Gaming mode (Default)
- Base Clock: 1759 MHz
- Boost Clock: 1898 MHz
- Base Clock: 1784 MHz
- Boost Clock: 1936 MHz
- CUDA Cores: 2560
- Virtual reality ready: Yes
- Number of slots taken up: 2
- Number of DisplayPort outputs: 2
- Display Port version: v1.4
- Number of Mini Display Port outputs: 0
- Min Display Port version: N/A
- Number of D-Sub outputs: 0
- Number of DVI outputs: 1 - dual-link DVI-D
- Number of mini HDMI outputs: 0
- Number of HDMI outputs: 2
- HDMI standard: v2.0b
- Max number of displays: 4
- Max resolution: 7680 x 4320 @ 60 Hz (digital)
- Multi-GPU support: Yes – SLI HB Bridge supported
- Cooling type: DirectCU III – 3 0dB Fans
- HDCP Support: Yes – 2.2
- Power Consumption: 300 W
- External power supply required?: Yes – 6 + 8 pin PCI-E power connector
- Software: ASUS GPU Tweak II & Driver
- DirectX version support: 12 API with feature level 12_1
- OpenGL Version Support: 4.5
- Height: 134 mm
- Width: 298 mm
- Depth: 40 mm
- Manufacturer part number: STRIX-GTX1080-O8G
- Manufacturer’s guarantee: 3 years