Dell U3415W Ultra-wide 34 Inch Curved WQHD Monitorby Dell
Dell U3415W Ultra-wide 34 Inch Curved WQHD Monitor
This is the ultra-wide quad HD curved PC monitor from Dell. The U3415W has a jaw dropping aspect ratio of 21:9 giving its users an immersive panoramic display across the 34 inch AH-IPS panel.
Not only does the U3415W astound in terms of visuals but it also retains some of the lesser features like connectivity and manoeuvrability that can be missed on various modern day monitors.
The U3415W features Cutting Edge Design
The obvious first point to recognise is the fantastic panoramic curved screen that demands 99% of your attention when first faced with the U3415W. It sits in a silver and black chassis with the bezel being matt black plastic measuring only 2mm along the sides and the top, whilst the bottom part being the widest measures a mere 20mm. Please note that there is also a 10mm border within the screen itself before the image starts.
The buttons are where you expect them to be (in the bottom right hand corner of the bezel) and there are four OSD (On Screen Display) buttons to choose from.
Dell U3415W is Fully Adjustable for Comfort
With such a large screen when you are sat 2 feet away from the screen you will need to ensure you find a comfortable viewing angle for the sake of your neck. Dell has provided a stand with the U3415W that allows you to tilt it forward and back, swivel it left and right and adjust the height to allow most users to reach a comfortable viewing position. In fact the only thing this stand will not do is a 90o pivot in to portrait mode, which is understandable when you are dealing with a 34 inch curved screen.
The U3415W is still fully VESA mountable with the usual 100 x 100mm mounts on the back so you can choose to wall mount if needed.
Dell Ultra-Wide Curved U3415W Monitors are Packed with the Latest Tech
Dell chose an AH-IPS panel that uses WLED backlighting with edge array across the 21:9 aspect ratio screen. The screen also has a antiglare hard coating 3H to give added protection. It boasts a huge 3440 x 1440 resolution at 60Hz refresh rate, although it still has a 1000:1 contrast ratio (typical) and an 8ms (grey to grey) response time when in normal mode.
This 34 inch Dell Monitor also has a colour gamut (typical): 91% (CIE1976), sRGB 99% ( average Delta E of<3) with 1.074 Billion colours.
Dell 34 Inch Curved Monitors feature Great Connectivity
Dell Included a good range of connectivity options for the U3415W including:
- 1 HDMI (vr2.0) connector
- 1 MHL connector
- 1 Mini DisplayPort
- 1 DisplayPort (version 1.2)
- 1 DisplayPort out (MST)
- 1 Audio Line out
- 4 USB 3.0 ports - Downstream (4 at the back)
- 2 USB 3.0 port - Upstream
- Built-in Devices - USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Hub (with 2 USB upstream port and 4 USB downstream ports)
If you would like to read an independent review of the Dell U3415W then please click here.
Order your Dell U3415W Ultra-Wide Curved 34 Inch Monitor from NRG IT today.
- Diagonally Viewable Size: 86.5 cm - 34" (34-inch wide viewable image size)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (21:9)
- Panel Type, Surface: In-plane switching, anti glare with hard coat 3H
- Optimal resolution: 3440 x 1440 at 60Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 1000 to 1 (typical)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio : 2 Million:1 (Max)
- Brightness: 300 cd/m2 (typical)
- Response Time: 8 ms (grey to grey) Normal Mode
- 5 ms ( grey to grey) FAST Mode
- Viewing Angle: 178° vertical / 172° horizontal
- Adjustability: Height-adjustable stand (115mm), tilt, swivel and built in cable-management
- Colour Support: Colour Gamut (typical): 91% (CIE1976), sRGB 99% ( average Delta E of<3)
- 1.074 Billion colours
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2325 mm
- Backlight Technology: LED
- Display Type: Widescreen Flat Panel Display
- Display Screen Coating: Antiglare with hard-coating 3H
- 3 Year Advanced Exchange Warranty with NRG IT
Please Note - The warranty is with NRG IT not the manufacturer
Manual and drivers disc may not be included, but they are easily found on the Dell website. This is a plug & play item so it should work straight out of the box.
What's in the box:
- Monitor with stand
- Cable cover
- Power cable
- DP cable (Mini-DP to DP)
- HDMI cable
- USB 3.0 upstream cable (enables the USB port on the monitor)